- Who are we?
- What information do we collect from you?
- How do we use your personal information?
- How do we protect and store your personal information?
- How long do we keep your personal information?
- With whom may we share your personal information?
- What are your rights?
- How can you contact us?
- Which version of this Privacy Notice applies?
Artificial Solutions is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring the highest level of security for your personal information. This Privacy Notice explains the types of personal information we collect, how we use that information, who we share it with, how we protect that information and your legal rights. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) applies to Artificial Solutions and its programmes, its subdomains, and any services and features related to these programmes and subdomains (the “Services”).
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information.
1. Who Are We?
For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, the Data Controller is Artificial Solutions International AB and/or any of its subsidiaries as stated below, with registered office at Stureplan 15, 2nd floor, 111 45 Stockholm, Sweden, with organization number 556840-2076.
This Privacy Notice covers all personal information processed by Artificial Solutions which means information that (either in isolation or in combination with other information) enables you to be identified directly or indirectly. The process complies with the principles and rights contained in the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679
2. What information do we collect from you?
We may collect information about you from the following sources:
2.1 Information we receive from you
We may collect personal information, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, job title, telephone number, and all other personal information that may be provided by you. This personal information is provided to us when you:
- register on www.teneo.ai (“our Websites“) to access our resources (such as white papers, case studies and webinars);
- use any of our Services or Products
- sign an Agreement with us to access to our Services;
- create an account to use any of our Products;
- create an account in our websites to use a functionality we make available;
- contact us.
2.2 Personal data we collect from other sources
We may also collect information about you from other sources including third parties. We may combine this information with Personal Data provided by you. This helps us update, expand, and analyze our records, identify new customers, and create more tailored advertising to provide services that may be of interest to you. The Personal Data we may collect from other sources includes identifiers, professional or employment-related information, education information, commercial information, visual information, internet activity information, and inferences about preferences and behaviors. In particular, we collect such Personal Data from the following sources:
- Another individual at your organization who may provide us with your personal information, which may include Personal Data, to the extent you consent to providing it and sharing it, for the purposes of obtaining services; and
- Platforms such as GitHub to manage code check-ins and pull If you participate in an open source or community development project, we may associate your code repository username with your community account so we can inform you of program changes that are important to your participation or relate to additional security requirements.
2.3 Information we collect about you
- Technical information, including your IP address, your login information, browser type and version, device identifier, location and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, page response times, and download errors;
- Information about your visit and products you viewed or searched for;
- Device data, for example the type and model of the device you are using, its operating system and version, its unique identifier, crash data (if applicable), and what settings you’ve Your device and software settings affect what information your device makes available to us;
- Log data, which is automatically recorded by our servers based on data sent by your browser this typically includes the date and time you visited, the browser or app version you used (and its settings), the URLs you came from and go to, your IP address and protocol, and how you used the functionality we make available;
- Length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouseovers) and methods used to browse away from the page; and
- Information from third parties and public sources. When you use some of the functionality, we make available, we may retrieve information from third parties and partners to provide us with information such as location information.
3. How do we use your personal information?
We process the following information:
For the following purposes:
Based on the following justification:
Name, address, email address, password, company, job title, date of birth, country, phone number, industry
To verify your identity.
To set up and manage your account.
To protect the security and integrity of our websites and functionality we make available.
To improve your experience on our websites and functionality we make available.
To contact you when necessary or appropriate.
To ensure that we do not contact you if you have asked us not to. We keep records of your preferences to do this.
We may use your information in these ways as this is necessary for us to perform our contractual obligations towards you. We also have a legitimate interest in processing your information to maintain our relationship with you.
We have a legitimate interest in processing this information to ensure that we do not send you marketing communications if you do not want to receive it.
Personal information you disclose in emails sent by you to Artificial Solutions and in chat conversations between you and a functionality we make available.
To respond to your comments and questions.
We may process this information because it is necessary for us to perform our contractual obligations towards you and respond to your enquiries.
Anonymized or pseudonymized information
To improve the software products developed by Artificial Solutions e.g. to train machine learning algorithms, improve product features or create new products that are developed and sold by Artificial Solutions. However, log data is never provided directly to clients of Artificial Solutions.
We have a legitimate interest in processing this information to improve our products.
In addition to the above, we may process any of the information relating to you in order to comply with legal requirements that apply to us (such as tax and financial reporting requirements).
With your permission, we may send you carefully selected information about our products and services. You have the right to opt out receiving direct marketing at any time.
4. How do we protect and store your personal information?
We have implemented technical and organizational security measures to safeguard your personal information in our custody or control. Such measures include, for example, limiting access to personal information only to employees and authorized service providers who need to know such information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as well as other administrative, technical and physical safeguards.
In using some of the functionalities we make available, you may come across links to websites and services operated by third parties. These third parties have their own privacy policies, which will apply to your activity if you click on the link or access their website or service. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for such external sites’ privacy and security practices.
While we endeavour to protect our systems, sites, operations and information against unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle and other risk factors, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission or while stored on our systems, will be absolutely safe from intrusion.
Your data may be stored with third parties acting as Processors, for the purposes of the GDPR, whose security measures at least represent the same security standard as in Artificial Solution. If you want to know more about their security measures when they process your information on our behalf, please contact us at the details set out below.
5. How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide the Artificial Solutions services to you and fulfil the purposes described in this Notice. This is also the case for anyone that we share your information with and who carries out services on our behalf. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we will either remove it from our systems or anonymize all your personal data it so that it cannot be linked to you.
7. What are your rights?
You have the following rights available to you:
- Access the information we hold about you. We’ll usually share this with you within 30 days of you asking us for it. With some of the functionalities we make available you can also ask ‘what do you know about me’ to see an overview of your account.
- Correction or deletion of the information we hold about you. If your information is incomplete or inaccurate, or you would like us to delete your information, please contact us using the details set out below. Unless we need to retain such data to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal Bear in mind we cannot warranty accuracy of your personal data unless you provide us with the correct information.
- Restriction of our processing of your personal information. You can do this where you believe such data to be inaccurate; our processing is unlawful; or that we no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose, or because you do not want us to delete it.
- Portability. You can ask for the personal information we hold about you to be provided in a structured, electronic format, and sent to another data controller where it’s technically feasible, where this is (a) personal information which you have provided to us, and (b) we are processing that data on the basis of your consent or to perform a contract with you.
- Right to object. Where the legal justification for our processing of your personal information is our legitimate interest, you can object to such processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. We will stop processing your data unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim.
- Right to withdraw consent. If you have consented to our processing of your personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge This includes cases where you wish to opt out from marketing messages that you receive from us.
You can make a request to exercise any of these rights in relation to your personal information by sending the request by mail to our group DPO, María Carrillo at Stureplan 15, 2nd floor, 111 45 Stockholm, Sweden, or by email to LegalCompliance@teneo.ai.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month.
Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made several requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the local data protection authority if you believe that we have not complied with applicable data protection laws. If you are based in, or the issue you would like to complain about took place, in the EEA, please click here for a list of local data protection authorities in the other EEA countries. If you are based in the UK or Switzerland, your local data protection authorities are the UK Information Commissioner’s Office and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.
8. How can you contact us?
If there are any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact our DPO as follows:
- by email: María Carrillo, LegalCompliance@teneo.ai
- by post: Artificial Solutions, DPO, María Carrillo, Stureplan 15, 2nd floor, 111 45 Stockholm,
9. Which version of this Privacy Notice applies?
This Privacy Notice is written in English and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the translated version of this notice, the English version shall prevail.
We reserve the right to change our Privacy Notice from time to time. If we add any different purpose of those included here, we will notify you and ask for your acceptance. If we decide to any other changes to this Notice change our Privacy Notice, we will update it directly in our websites.
Last reviewed: 1 March 2023