Predefining template solutions
A template solution provides a starting point for new solutions, whether they are the first in a project or a new solution within an existing project. They can be selected when the solution is being created and will pre-fill the solution with useful starting data - this data can be flows, language objects, entities and even global data such as listeners, scripts, or integrations.
Teneo Dialogue Resources
The Teneo Platform provides template solutions out-of-the-box; these are the Teneo Dialogue Resources (TDRs) and are presented in the New Solution dialogue box for all languages if the language is licensed in the current account.
The TDRs contain flow drafts from which to create a solution. Click here to see lists of available Flows in the Teneo Dialogue Resources.
Custom template solutions
The Teneo Platform allows to generate custom template solutions which can then be made available on an environment.
The creation of custom template solutions is very simple:
- [Solution developer] Build a solution containing all the template data/functionalities which will be needed in any new solution created from this template.
- Thoroughly test this solution to ensure the validity of the data.
- Export the solution (user permissions for export are needed): a. With the template solution open, go to the backstage of Teneo Studio and to the Import/Export tab. b. Click Export. c. In the Export window, choose the solution(s) to export (multi-select by holding down Ctrl while clicking). d. Next, under Download exported files to folder browse to the location where the solution(s) should be saved.
- [Teneo Studio system administrator] On the Studio Backend server for the environment requiring this template:
a. Copy the exported .solution file(s) to the Teneo Studio backend server
/templatesfolder. b. Any solution files located within this
/templatesfolder will be made immediately available in the New Solution dialogue, without the need to restart the backend or even the frontend.
- [Solution developer] Create a new solution on the environment where the template solution was installed, in the New Solution dialogue, simply select the template solution under Create from Template.
- Teneo Studio creates a new solution with all the content from the template solution and will notify the user once the new solution is ready.
Template solutions must be placed into the templates folder on the backend server.
The location of this folder is defined in
teneo-studio.properties and by default is:
This means that in a standard setup, the template solution files need to be located in:
Any solution files located within the
/template folder will be made immediately available in the New Solution dialogue without the need to restart the backend or even the frontend.