Generate bulk import files with Discovery
Export concepts, associations and categories
Teneo Discovery offers the option to export selected concepts, associations or categories in the csv format needed to perform Bulk Import in Teneo Studio.
To export selected concepts, associations or categories, follow the below steps:
- Right-click in the selection of concepts or associations (multi-select by pressing Ctrl while clicking with the mouse), or right-click in the category folder to export to view the context menu, and then select Studio Bulk import format
- Select which categories and/or subcategories to export
- Choose if the concepts, associations and categories should be exported as Language Objects, Entities or Q&A Flows (with Syntax Match Requirements or Class Match Requirements, learn more about Match Requirements)
- If relevant, add a Project prefix, which will be added to all imported items in Teneo Studio
- Finally, browse to the location where to store the file and click Export.
For information on how to import the file in Teneo Studio, please see here.
Language Object generation
The following fields and values are exported from Teneo Discovery when generating the Language Object Bulk Import format.
|Language object name||Language object description||Language object condition||Relative folder path|
|Name of Concept / Association with the additional suffix:||Note (optional)||Word forms (concepts) / Concepts (Associations). Multiple word forms are combined with the followed by operator (+)||Discovery \ Language object[Type]|
Concepts residing within the same category folder can be exported as one entity and the name of the category will become the name of the entity in Teneo Studio.
When creating Entities with Teneo Discovery, the following fields and values are exported:
|Entity name||Relative folder path||String variable name||Entry|
|Name of the category folder||Discovery / Entities||Name of the category folder||Entry value and value of string variable:Entry values comes from the inputsString variable value comes from the concept name|
Q and A pair generation
When exporting categories as Question and Answer (Q&A) pairs, the overlaying category structure will be imported as folders into Teneo Studio.
There are two different options available to export Q&A Flows:
- Q&A Flows with Syntax Match Requirements, or
- Q&A Flows with Class Match Requirements.
Q and A Flows with Class Match Requirements
When selecting the option Q&A Flows with Syntax Match Requirements, it is possible to specify if the content of a category should become separate Flows in a folder with the same name as the category, or if all items in a category should become Intent Triggers in one Flow with the same name as the category.
To do so, simply select the categories which should create only one flow with various Intent Triggers under Please select the categories that should be treated as flows.
Deselected categories will create separate Flows with each one Intent Trigger.
Export only elements with notes
When notes are added to concepts or associations in Teneo Discovery, these will be exported as the answer text for Output nodes in Teneo Studio.
When grouping together several concepts/associations which have notes into one flow, the notes will create additional answers.
Q and A Flows with Class Match Requirements
When selecting the option Q & A Flows with Class Match Requirements, the file - on import to Teneo Studio - generates Flows with Class Match Requirements as well as the Classes.
Note that the inputs in the categories are used both as positive examples of the Intent Trigger, but also as training data for the Class.
Create one trigger per element
The Create one trigger per element checkbox allows users to choose whether they want to:
- Create one Q&A Flow per category with one Intent Trigger containing a Class Match Requirement (leave checkbox empty), or
- Create one Q&A Flow per category with one Intent Trigger per concept / association in the category folder (check the box).
The following fields and values are exported for Q&A pairs:
|Flow and Class names||Trigger name||Positive examples||Syntax condition||Answer text||Relative folder path|
|Name of concept / association||Name of concept / association||Syntax MR: The top 15 most frequent inputsClass MR: All not duplicated inputs||Name of concept/association separated with the different match operator (&^) for Syntax MR.||Note for Syntax MR (Items without note or exported as class triggers gets the standard answer text)||Discovery \ QandAs (if associations belong to a category structure, this will instead be used as relative folder path).|
For more information on how to work with Discovery, please see the Discovery section.