Engine Scripting API Reference
The Teneo engine scripting API is defined by the following variables, which are accessible in solution scripts:
- engineAccess (alias _) Provides controlled access for scripts to internal engine data. An instance of this class is accessible from solution scripting via the predefined variable 'engineAccess' or its convenience alias '_' (underline). Methods provided by this class may not be called in certain script events.
- engineEnvironment Provides access to request parameters and cookie handling in a servlet container environment. Instances of this class are passed directly to solution scripts.
- nodeAttributes This class defines an interface for scripts to store and retrieve named objects of arbitrary types, the so-called 'attributes'. The creator of an instance of this class can decide whether the attributes are writable & readable or just read-only.
In the context of a JSP view in the Teneo engine web application, the following interfaces are available:
- EngineOutputI As a response to processing a user input request, the Teneo engine returns an output object which contains the response data. In the context of a JSP view in the Teneo NLI engine web application, this object is accessible as the servlet request attribute "engineOutput".
- ImmutableSessionDataI The state of a Teneo NLI engine user session is held in a session data object. In the context of a JSP view in the Teneo NLI engine web application, this object is accessible as the servlet session attribute "EngineSessionData".